Home Ownership Program
Potential home buyers applying for our Home Ownership Program must have lived or worked in York County for at least one year.
Program qualifications are based upon the following:
- The need for decent affordable housing
- The ability to pay the mortgage
- The willingness to partner with Habitat by completing 250 hours of sweat equity through the construction of your home along with financial literacy and home buyer education classes
Home Repair Program
Families in need of affordable home repairs and residing in our focus neighborhoods are eligible to apply for our Home Repair.
Qualification for our Home Repair Program is based upon the following:
- Submitting a completed application
- Completion of a thorough home assessment
- Development of a scope of work agreed upon by the homeowner and Habitat for Humanity of York County
- Homeowner contribution of sweat equity and investment of up to 20% of total repair cost